- I admire the job Paul Heroux has done for the past five years and want to continue his excellent work, especially with constituent services.
- I am a career social worker and want to help the state continue our legacy of delivering first-rate human services for our children, elderly, mentally ill, intellectually disabled and middle-class folks.
- I love Attleboro and want to bring more educational funding into our city.
- I want to protect the Mass Health/Mass Connector for our residents.
All of the above is true, but why am I running for office NOW?
- I have been propelled into action, in part, because the federal government shows no interest in the poor, mentally ill, intellectually disabled, and senior citizens of our Commonwealth.
- The recent income tax legislation does precious little to improve the lives of our low-income citizens and will harm Massachusetts citizens who pay higher property taxes.
- The White House and congressional leaders are supporting block grants that will erode away Mass Health and the health of many of our citizens.
- And finally, Washington shows no interest in helping us protect our own environment. Boston is already planning for severe flooding from rising ocean water. Massachusetts needs to work with other northeastern states if we want to slow down the deadly effects of global warming.
It is time for Massachusetts Democrats, Republicans, and Independents; Bay Staters of all religious and ethnic backgrounds, our wealthy, poor, and middle-class alike. It is time to take care of each other. Massachusetts is getting precious little help from the current federal government.