To my faithful team: Having your wonderful support and constant help, sign holding, canvassing, social media (Jax), phone calls, and much, much more….. has been one of the most memorable, touching experiences of my life. I kid you not. Now I am offering each of you an opportunity to complete this special election on behalf of Jim Hawkins, the Democratic nominee for state rep.
I have been trying to figure out what Julie Hall believes and stands for. Not an easy task.
1. JULIE REFUSED TO DEBATE JEFF BAILEY ON TV IN FEBRUARY. THE MODERATOR, MAYOR PAUL HEROUX, DOES NOT KNOW WHY SHE REFUSED.
2. AT A RECENT CITY COUNCIL MEETING, JULIE ABSTAINED FROM VOTING FOR AN APRIL 3rd SPECIAL ELECTION TO ELECT A NEW STATE REP.
3. JULIE ALSO ABSTAINED FROM PLACING THE DEBT EXCLUSION ON THE APRIL 3rd BALLOT TO FUND A NEW HIGH SCHOOL.
4. JULIE CITED A CONFLICT OF INTEREST LED HER TO ABSTAIN FROM THE VOTES. THE CITY COUNCIL VOTED 8-0 FOR THE APRIL 3rd ELECTION. AND THE 2 1/2 PROPOSITION OVERRIDE. I DON’T SEE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
5. JULIE HAS DECIDED NOT TO LEAVE THE CITY COUNCIL IF SHE IS ELECTED AS STATE REPRESENTATIVE. SHE DOES NOT SEE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN WORKING FOR BOTH THE STATE AND THE CITY AT THE SAME TIME. I DO SEE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST ON THIS ISSUE.
6. JULIE VOTED TO GRANT A PERMIT TO A NEW MEDICAL MARIJUANA FACILITY IN ATTLEBORO.
7. JULIE ACCEPTED A PAIR OF $1000 CAMPAIGN DONATIONS FROM AN EXECUTIVE OF THE SAME MARIJUANA COMPANY. SHE SEES NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN ACCEPTING THIS MONEY. I DO SEE A POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
8. WHEN CRITICIZED BY STATE REP. CANDIDATE JIM HAWKINS FOR ACCEPTING THE PAIR OF $1,000 CAMPAIGN DONATIONS, JULIE SAID, “I DON’T THINK ANY OF MY SUPPORTERS DO IT TO REWARD ME. WHAT WOULD THEY BE REWARDING FOR?”. (I can’t imagine why they might give her that money!)
9. JULIE DOES NOT BELIEVE PRIMARIES ARE NEEDED IN MASSACHUSETTS. SHE BELIEVES THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE VOTE AND THE HIGHEST VOTE-GETTER IS ELECTED. SHE STATED THIS MARCH 4th ON WARA RADIO. JULIE DOESN’T THINK MANY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHY WE HAVE PRIMARIES.
10. JULIE STATED SHE WOULD NOT SUPPORT A MILLIONAIRE TAX IN MASSACHUSETTS. IF APPROVED ON A STATEWIDE BALLOT QUESTION, THE TAX WOULD SUPPORT TRANSPORTATION AND EDUCATIONAL NEEDS. JULIE SAID WE SHOULD FIND WASTE INSTEAD. (I support finding wasted money but still believe we need additional funding for schools).
IN MY BRIEF ENCOUNTERS WITH JULIE HALL SHE SEEMS TO BE A NICE PERSON. SHE EVEN SUGGESTED TO ME RECENTLY THAT I OUGHT TO RUN FOR CITY COUNCIL.
BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE WOULD STAND FOR AS A STATE REPRESENTATIVE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE SUPPORTS.
I am endorsing Jim in the April 3 election. Jim is very qualified to be a state rep. He is intelligent, has a good heart, and is very knowledgeable about Attleboro’s educational needs. This is a critical election to keep Attleboro a progressive city and a positive voice in the state house.
I canvassed homes for Jim five hours today. I am certain that I convinced at least half a dozen people who had supported my candidacy to also support Jim. We can help deliver the election to Jim. Our 402 votes could be helpful.